The simplest way we can describe Contemporary Kitchens is ‘of the present time’.
Contemporary Kitchen Design
What made a kitchen design, contemporary in the 1970s is far different from what makes a kitchen design, contemporary in the 2020s.
And the challenge in defining what a contemporary designed kitchen means in this presentation comes from the ever-changing nature of designs.
In this era, popularity comes from warmer colours, charcoal tones/ accents and premium fine wood grains.
This could mean a light white kitchen with woodgrain cabinets that display a horizontal grain. Or grey stone kitchen island benches a concrete style appearance. Or large tiled splashbacks. Or slim and simple handles. The list is endless.
Variances occur in the finer selection of colour tones, as well as skewing towards warmer hues that add to a homely feel in your kitchen. These serve as the foundation of the current contemporary kitchen style.
Melbourne Contemporary Kitchen
During our contemporary kitchen design process, we utilise open plan design principles that work towards being simple yet elegant.
We focus on blending aesthetically pleasing practical lighting with materials, kitchen features & cutting edge kitchen products like:
- Frameless kitchen cabinetry
- Basic flat doors and panels
- Benches that are spacious and uncluttered, can be used as dining space
- Hardware which is both large and simple
- Basic slab designs, minimal and no fuss
- Ample lighting using latest design pendant lights
- Modern kitchen stainless steel appliances integrate seamlessly with their surroundings
A Contemporary Natural Relaxed Style
Furthermore, during your dream contemporary kitchen’s renovation, we provide you with a wide selection of premium stone slabs and flooring materials such as…
- Corian Stone
- Acrylic Solid Surfaces
- Caesar Stone
- Concetto Stone
- Motivo Stone
- Quantum Quartz
- Natural Quartz
Custom Designed Contemporary Kitchen Styles
Whether you desire a modern kitchen arrangement for epicurean cooking, a design for entertainment or a multi-purpose style, our artistic designers make bespoke concepts that are tailored to your tastes, day-to-day needs and budget.
- Spatial efficiency and practicality
- Budget and Quality
Key Design Cues of Melbourne Kitchen with Contemporary design
When creating Melbourne contemporary kitchens, some people like to go for subdued, natural colours; others like to incorporate splashes of teal or lime to add bright colours naturally.
- Kitchen cabinets with neutral colours such as grey kitchen colour are the safest bet for general appeal while still staying stylish
- The colour of the cabinetry can work as the base in the colour palette for other surfaces too
- Contrast can add a unique touch to the other elements in the kitchen
- Think out of the box and use bold colours
- Lighter colours below and darker ones above can give your kitchen an uplifting look
- For a more striking effect, use subtle colours mixed with bold cabinetry
Contemporary style kitchens can also be blended with other kitchen styles, creating more options for you such as contemporary country kitchens.
However, if contemporary kitchen design is not your style, Select Kitchens can assist you with other kitchen ideas like a classic kitchen concept, modern kitchen design, French Provincial or Hampton style kitchen.
Talk to our team now and book your free consultation at your home.
In case you might not know, Select Kitchen also offers professional bathroom renovation.
Speak with a Kitchen Designer in your home
Talk to a Select Kitchens Designer in your own home. Discuss your vision and hear options from an experienced kitchen designer.